Saturday, November 27, 2010

What's in a name?

I will be having my third child soon and have been struggling to find a name all their own.  You would think that I would be an old pro by now but.... I desire to give them a declaration of who they are or at least who we (my wife and I) desire them to be. I even considered Ebeneezer. It means "rock of help".  However, the name best describes who I want to be to my children.  A rock of help.  In every man there is really three men: the man he is, the man he wants to be and the man Gods wants him to be.  So, I ask the Lord,  "who does He want me to be?" That's really all that matters because I want what He wants. I am who He is making me to become...piece..by piece.  As for my third born I ask God who does He want them to be...it starts with a name.............Joshua.

No comments:

Post a Comment